Maham Suhail is a Pakistani artist: a vocalist, multi-instrumentalist & a traveling composer/producer. Her primary genre is World Beat, she sings in 7 languages and composes across styles, instruments, and self-recorded sound samples, as Modern Ethnic, Folk Blues, and Experimental fusion. Spoken Word is part of her recent live acts & recordings.
Maham’s awards include:
- A Goethe Talents Scholarship (Music Board Berlin, 2017),
- Single ‘Sajjan Yaar’ being a finalist & a Fandemonium (vote-based) winner on ‘Unsigned Only’ (2019)
- ‘Sajjan Yaar’ was an EthnoCloud Top 40 chart-topper (2020).
- Her single ‘Harr ka Baloey Naa’ was a finalist on ‘Unsigned Only’ 2020.
- Maham was a co-vocalist on the ‘Peace Song’, which was a ‘Country Music’ category winner on the PSA (‘Peace Song Awards’, 2019)
- Now, Maham is a selected member of the ‘Women in Music Tech Pakistan’ program, powered by the British Council (Pakistan) & Saffron Music (UK).
- Maham has received an interfaith harmony certificate from the Punjab government (2015), for her ‘Shabad Kirtan’ Sufi music revival work at Sikh festivals & the annual All Pakistan Music Conference (Pakistan) since 2013.
Maham was the first Pakistani to go (on a partial scholarship) to Berklee College of Music Valencia (Spain) for her Masters in Music Production. As a multi-stylistic songwriter, she is a contractual composer on an international music project ‘Astral Voyage’, and a contributing vocalist & musician to the ‘United Song’ project
Maham just recently announced the release of her debut album, ‘Mitti’ (Urdu, for ‘soil’), of which the singles are releasing one-by-one, in the coming months. Meanwhile, she is in the process of releasing singles as a Producer.